- Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.
- The beauty of doing nothing is the goal of all your work, the final accomplishment for which you are congratulated.
- When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if
someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.
- Beauty attracts Beauty.
- Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.
- Speak the way you eat. Italian saying.
- “It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “The wise man is always similar to himself.” –Sextus (Ancient Pythagorian philosopher)
- “All know that the drop merges into the ocean, but few know that the ocean merges into the drop.”-Kabir
- Flexibility is just as essential for divinity as is discipline.
- God responds to the sacred prayers and efforts of human beings in any way whatsoever that mortals choose to worship-just so long as those prayers are sincere.
- “People follow different paths, straight or crooked, according to their temperament, depending on which they consider best, or most appropriate-and all reach You, just as rivers enter the ocean.” – Upanishads
- God takes what belongs to God-the gesture-while man takes what belongs to man-the food.
- To meditate, only you must smile.Smile with face, smile with mind and good energy will come to you and clean away dirty energy.
- Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.
- All the sorrow and trouble of this world is caused by unhappy people.
- Even in the worst tragedies and crisis, there is no reason to add to everyone’s misery by looking miserable yourself.
- Only the young and stupid are confident about sex and romance.
- Sometimes intense emotion can cause us to respond to cataclysmic news in exactly the opposite manner logic might dictate.
- To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.
- “All the pain of a human life is caused by words, as is all the joy. We create words to define our experience and those words bring attendant emotions that jerk us around like dogs on a leash.” – Yogic saying
- It is the oak tree that creates the very acorn from which it was born.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Quotes- Eat, Pray, Love.
A few months back like maybe six, I made the decision to read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was more curious about the book itself than the movie which to date I have never watched. It is about her journey to spiritual fulfillment basically. It is a good read and very relatable when it comes to religion and divinity. We all have those moments where we doubt our religions, the need to find the spirit and have an unwavering belief in God’s existence and go back to the straight and narrow. It is all that.
I needed to make a quotes post and I didn’t have to look further than the book. Good thing is I had highlighted all that I found interesting courtesy of being on Adobe Reader X! As always, I hope some of these speak to you and find them relatable. I tend to remember a quote in some situations and it ends up being an Aha! moment.
I turned a year older on the 22nd of May. Am I a little wiser? Smarter? Not in the least but a whole lot better emotionally and mentally. ...
One of my best friends sent me this quote and as I went through it; I reflected on the people I surround myself with both family and friends...
I am a lover of technology despite the fact that it changes all the time. It is one thing that will never remain constant... Maybe that ...
Most of you know I am a certified TV addict who watches anything and everything. Currently, I am obsessed with the TV show The Fat Docto...