Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fringe Benefits.



It’s only logical for me to miss being all cute and dolled up now that I am on leave, right?
In my teen years, my cousins and I used to have a day in the week to look all glammed up. The expression , ‘all dressed up and no where to go’ literary described us those days. It was a day where we not only made up but dressed up in some of our finest to perk up our mood. I also had these days with my childhood bff Sofia. She would come to my home and we’d go all out with a mini photo shoot too. Yes, we ‘werked’ our inner Tyra Banks and found the FIERCE within.
Seeing that I have been on leave for almost a month or so, I woke up one morning with the decision to have a glam day. I went all out with the make up and bling after the shower. With almost everything done, I wondered how to style my hair. My signature hairstyle – side swept bangs/fringe didn't quite cut it as I thought over doing something new? With that in mind, I proceeded to comb my hair all around my head and face.
It is at this point that I realised the lock of hair between my eyebrows was quite long to the point of grazing my upper lip and longer than the rest, yet not so long ago, I had gotten a cut. Logic won over the fear of how it would look and what my mother would say once she saw it. Suffice it to say, I cut off the extended locks with no qualms. Then… hello fantastic FRINGE! It’s been a few days but I am absolutely and utterly in love with it.
I don’t know if my excitement is as palpable as it was then for the first thing I did after combing it out was whatsapp my girl Mayi with pictures of proof. LOL. Yeah, glammy days are for taking pictures too to remind me of that moment. Hearing back from her took awhile but she loved it. I look fan –freaking – tastic. And best of all; my mother approves, says I look like my over a decade obsession Kenshin Himura from Samurai X. So weird she would remember this.
Anyway, I am not so sure whether I have done some exciting things this year but what I do know for sure is; this takes the cake for 2013. I am still excited over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...