Sunday, September 7, 2014

A New Chapter.

A lot has been going on the past few weeks that I hardly had the time to sit and let it all sink in. I spent the past couple of weeks in a state of ceaseless anxiety brought about by unfulfilled goals. Luckily everything is finally sorted albeit not the way I wanted but the end result is what I wished for.
I left the volunteer position for a new job, a job I applied for on a whim. After a series of really annoying processes and an interview that felt more like an IQ test, being told I was a successful applicant took the wind out of my sails. I never expected that outcome for I’d just began to settle into my voluntary position and was at ease with everyone.
On my last day at the Organisation; I attended my first and hopefully not last workshop over there. Seeing how things were dealt with and actually participating in something of that magnitude pertaining people with disabilities was an awesome experience to say the least. It is good to know there are people out there fighting for the rights some of us knew nothing of and seeing the changes take place.

Lunch after the workshop

There were several instances where I felt like sharing my news but held back. Seeing people I’d grown used to and knowing it would be the last time I see them put a slight damper on my mood. I couldn't share the news until I had a talk with the person who asked me to join the organisation out of respect. Our schedules were so parallel that I eventually told him over the phone. All this after I’d told the person who asked me to apply for my current job and the two people I was closest to on my last day.
Yeah, the cat is out of the bag so to speak. Since it’s been a week at my new job, my feelings as regards to it are 50/50. I like what I am doing over there and with time; I guess, the challenging aspects will be dealt with. I pray all goes well and that it maybe the beginning of even better things. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...