Sunday, May 24, 2015

Birthday Month!



Another year older. Alhamdulilah. I have the propensity to get afflicted with poor health right around birthday week. Could it be out of fear of getting old? I do not know.
I am usually excited when May rolls around but this time round I have been lackluster for lack of a better word. Not as excited, not as energized and most of all fatigued which I guess were symptoms to pending poor health.
AS the years go by; they leave us with something new. And this is no different. The last year was my most definitive year. Everything came together and dreams I had long forgot to dream finally came true. I learnt so much in the previous year than I probably will in another life but then again life in itself is a learning experience.
I once told my brother that my entire life is a study on patience and it couldn’t be an truer. Everything I want out of life happens through patience. Patience with myself, the people I am surrounded by and life. There is no better teacher on patience than God.
We all have that mental picture on how our lives should be wherein we are not willing to adapt ourselves to reality. Oftentimes, the picture in our minds never comes to pass because of our failure to change mindsets. I have learned that for one to have the life they picture themselves in, they have to be willing to change. Try to fit that mental image to reality and it will get you where you want to be.
That little thing called family/sibling loyalty no longer exists in this millennial generation of ours. Nope. Today’s siblings are as divided as the breasts they suckled on. This took hold after I watched the six season of Beverly Hills Housewives. Throughout the season, Kyle was trying to mend fences with Kim and her efforts went by unappreciated. It taught me that however much you may want to improve some relationships, it is better to leave things as they are.
What the heck am I sipping on to be in the reflective doldrums? Is this what it feels like to get old? Sitting on your porch with a cup of tea and looking back on your life like an old biddy in her senior years? If this is what I have to look forward to then I want none of it.
However, it is good to reflect on your life each passing year. Note your key achievements and the lessons that came with it. If you are a planner, go ahead. Plan. Although I would not encourage you putting much stock in the plans. Life never goes according to plan. It is full of sharp corners to cut across and intricate hairpins no one ever sees coming. Let everything happen as is or was meant to then you won’t be disappointed.
Happy birthday to me and all the May Babies that share this month with me. !!!!!!! :)


 Photo Credits: google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...