Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Single Woman's Sassy Survival Guide - Quotes

There are times when I sit in contemplation over the running mood of Simply Shanah; to go with the prevalent theme or abandon it for something entirely lighter? Try as I may; I think I am miserably failing in that feat. I haven't writen something sensible in forever! The gratitude journal I am supposedly keeping remains empty. Not because there is nothing to be grateful for, no. My heart and mood, however lighter they may be, are not up to the habit. Anway, that's neither here nor there.
I am a fan of The Single Woman also known as Mandy Hale. I read her blog whenever I can and follow her on most social media platforms. As much as I love her blog posts, I wholeheartedly tried to stay away from her books. They fall in the 'Self-Help' category which I loathe to read as a book-worm.
However in a night where I was bored out of my mind with questions swirling over and over over the wisdom of my choices, I needed a little soul re-affirmation and conviction. I bit the bullet and downloaded her very first book 'The Single Woman's Sassy Survival Guide: Letting Go and Moving On'.
I read it in a couple of hours and it more or less re-inforced my stance on the decisions I have here-to made where matters of the heart are concerned. I noted a few quotes that resonated with me and thought to share.

Sometimes life offers us a second chance to get it right and sometimes life just offers us a second chance to say goodbye.

Friends and lovers and opportunities will come into our lives and, in some cases, shake us to our very core along the way...however, not all are meant to stay.

You can only let a person chase you for so long before you realize that maybe, just maybe, they never intended to catch you after all.

If you keep handing your heart to someone and they keep handing it back, or worse, breaking it - it's Okay to protect yourself by removing yourself from their life.

If someone keeps spitting game at you but bringing nothing but the same to you, it's Okay to forfeit and walk away.

If its not honoring you, it doesn't deserve a seat at your table.

If it doesn't feel right, it's not right-at least for you.

We exit a situation that feels wrong for reasons we can't quite put our fingers on, only to find out later that we were right all along.

Success is determined as much by the opportunities you are willing to release as the ones you seize.

When someone shows no interest in being with you, is consistently inconsistent, and their actions do not match up with their words - it's time to let go.

You were not put on this earth to stay chained to someone else's desk while your own dream sits on the shelf gathering dust.

The desires of your heart were not put there by accident. Follow them.

You have to want the life that is meant for you bad enough to surrender everything that's not.

Spring clean your life the same way you would your closet. Let go of the old and make room for the new.

New things can only grow where you give them room to bloom.

The reason people become bitter and disenchanted with life is because they cling to anger like a bad habit and never release it.

A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her.

A woman that is always available can quickly become synonymous with a woman that is desperate.

A woman who is not afraid to be unpredictable is a woman that will always, always keep his attention.

It is far better to live a life of uncertain happiness than of certain misery.

It is in the letting go that we become who we are meant to be.

I loved the book. So much so that I completed it in a few hours. It had a nice flow to it and was exceptionally enlightening on the friendship and work aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...