Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Self Education

There is this website I found about further learning that is totally free of tuition fees. How great is that?
I want to learn a few more things before I throw in the Academic towel. It’s a self education kind of thing so I got to teach myself.

I wonder if I'll be able to commit to that because it probably needs a steady internet connection which I rarely have; I usually subscribe for a week or two to update my laptop's anti-virus and the blog. But if you want something, a little more effort must be used. Will have to see how it goes, the requirements, etc.

Aside from the website for further learning, I've been teaching myself a programming language that I wasn't able to master at school.  It is going to help me during the designing and probably running stages of my website, so I want my skills and knowledge to be very up to date. I should have been done with it by now but since I only study on weekends when I don't have plans, it has taken me longer. I have to see it through because it is a personal goal of mine and for some reason; it seems easier to grasp something taught by you than when taught by a teacher, tutor…very odd?

I realized that it was a 'Website finding' day because I came across one that might help with my need to learn French!!...Isn't that awesome?
This is the one language that I find so fascinating and wanted to muster since high school for so many reasons but I am learning it because; it is the language of LOVE! And it sounds so romantic when I hear the French speak it with their accents.

If you feel the need to learn something for one reason or other, I say go for it. It doesn't matter how long it takes you long as you like it.

7 comments:

  1. The education i admit is going really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking of learning swahili.... do they offer that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it does because it offers a lot of other languages. www.bonjour.com. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Keep it up Shannah! I am so proud of you!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so in the IT world. Google has made our life simpler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know!! Where were we without Google?

    ReplyDelete

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...