Monday, August 20, 2012

Hello! Hello… Hello?!



This is so random and out there but uh…I always reflect on people’s ‘hello’ whenever I receive and end a phone call. It is something I am sort of fixated with and find vastly amusing, I have observed they are different due to tone and level of excitement.
These are the types of ‘Hello’ I have observed amongst my friends and family during phone calls. For the fun of it, I am going to name the culprits so they can know where they fall.
Hello! My favourite ‘Hello’. The caller says it with a lot of gusto and an underlying pleasure. To me, it suggests; I know who I am talking to and it is a pleasure to do so. My brother Sad, friends Emma, Belle and O fall in this category. I find their tone and excitement very infectious and never fails to make me smile.
Hello… This is a funny one. The caller here says it in a small unsure voice and leaves it hanging as if they are not sure of who they are talking to and want the reply to be a confirmation. This Hello says; “I know who I have called but not sure if I am speaking to the right person?” Clare, Tracey and Ronald are the culprits in this category.
Hello?! A rude one if I say so myself. I say that because I am known to offend a lot of people by how I answer the phone sometimes. My uncle has taken me to task over this on more than one occasion.  So, yeah…I am the culprit here. This hello is said with a lot of curtness and annoyance at the disturbance. It says, ‘WTF do you want?’ IF it is an unknown number and to someone I hardly want to talk to.
Much as I am guilty for using the third Hello,  The first Hello is usually where I fall when and if it is someone I want to talk with.
Are you wondering now where you or your friends fall? Bet you’ll start noticing after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...