Thursday, November 22, 2012

Chunky Chain Necklaces.

If you keep up with accessories trends like I do (they are my poison), you’ll know that the chunky gold chain necklaces are very much on trend at the moment. This is exciting for some reason. Fortunately, I came across one of my mum’s old chain belts and she was kind enough to give it to me so I can do as I please. As chains go, it was a two in one. It had a smaller chain going through the larger links which was kind of unique.

From L-R: Chunky Chain and Smaller Chain.
Let me say; I was so looking forward to making a chain necklace out of it. I thought of leaving it as is but one of my gurls liked the idea of having a chunky chain necklace too so I ended up dividing them. The thought of creating something new was as exciting as actually doing it.

Pendants

I had to divide both the small and chunky chains into two equal parts. I then passed the smaller chains into the bigger chain links and voila...

Smaller chain passed through the large links.
For a little oomph, I added on a few pendants. My friend's has three little hearts which I think were a nice touch whilst mine only has one heart pendant. The three little hearts on my friends are kinda unique and make it look better actually.

For my gurl

Since I don’t have the proper tools for all this DIY stuff, I usually uses my dad’s stuff and man...my little fingers hurt for two good days but the pain is was worth it if I say so myself!. Tell me what you think.

Side by side.




Mine is the one with the clear heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...