Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy New Year!



Is it late to wish y’all a happy new year?
To get right into it; my new year’s eve was quite unremarkable, spent it quietly by myself watching telly while waiting for the fireworks display unlike the first of the month. There was a snake sighting around the house which made the day chaotic. I don’t think I have ever indirectly inhaled a lot of paraffin as much as I did that day in my whole life.
As if that wasn’t enough, I accidently super glued one of my fingers to a ring I was fixing. I was busy fidgeting and trying everything from soaking the finger in hot water to trying to chip away the glue with a blade. All this went on until my brother decided to help me out. If it hadn’t been for him, I would have had to get it surgically removed. What a way to start the year?


On the upside, I got away from home for a few days to visit with my cousins Smooch and Baby J. I have seen them quite a bit lately but it had been awhile since I lived with them in their home. It was good to get away and be missed by the family. Short as it was, I loved it.
I don’t know how the new year is shaping out to be for you but, on my side, I think it is getting better. A few good things have happened these few days that I am appreciative of. And, I have no resolutions except to continue my gratitude journal. It helped me find my zen zone and got me focused on the positive. So, I shall continue with it.
Happy New Year everyone. May some of your dreams come true.

PS: Photo credits go to my brother. He felt I should take a picture to commemorate the day.
PPS: I spent a few days going through my comments and past posts and it made me miss one of my followers, Nick. He was great with feed back and sage advice. Hopefully you're still a reader and will see this.
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...