Friday, August 22, 2014

Visiting An Old Habit.



I have had quite the week that at some point I thought it would end as poorly as it begun. I started it off with a fall which left my tibia in serious pain, it still aches to date although the pain is a little bearable at the moment. Someone at work told me how I shouldn't be bothered by a fall since I am already physically disabled. I do get his point but, I would rather the unaffected bones remain intact than injured. I am a 20- something with the bones of an 80 year old. I can’t go around falling irresponsibly.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better; I got the opportunity to treat myself to lunch at a restaurant all by my lonesome. It was wonderful! As I sat there waiting for my food and drink to arrive, I couldn't let go of the happiness I felt and the pleasure I derived from it. I’d definitely missed it.

Way back when, I used to do this sort of thing every other month. I’d ask my mother to drop me at a mall where I would spend the entire day. The mall I frequented  on those solitary weekends happened to have a bookshop. I would go to the bookshop, pick a book from the shelf and sit in the comfy couch they had available for us browsers and proceed to read the book halfway. I’d then go out to eat in a restaurant of my choice and later browse through shops that piqued my interest or people watch.

Having my solitary lunch reminded me of all those weekends and how I miss them. This habit of spending lazy weekends at home catching up on telenovelas omnibuses is the reason why I no longer have solitary lunches at restaurants. I need to cultivate this habit. I know a few people who wouldn't be caught dead eating by themselves in public restaurants but not me. This shameless hussy is beyond that.

Credits: Photo credits go to my sister though I had a burger and not an ice cream sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...