Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Impressions.




I think that a first impression has something to do with the different type of personalities that is extroverts and introverts. I have realized that first impressions are the hardest a person can ever make.
An extrovert is a person who is energized by being around other people. Extroverts would rather talk to someone rather than sit and be occupied by their own thoughts. They enjoy social situations in that they often seek them out because of their love for being with people. You find that people never judge extroverts negatively because they make/give a good first impression due to their love for people.
It is said that an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people, however good their social skills may be. When introverts are alone, it isn't necessarily a sign of depression; it means they either need to regain their energy from being around people or they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts.
I happen to fall in the latter category. I can be good with people when found in a good mood or call it proper timing and sometimes, I want to be left alone.
I'm pretty okay with being by myself, keeping my own company which people find strange. Some put it down to a dislike for people while others call it pride, which is all untrue. I find it so hard making friends because I hate idle chit-chat especially with strangers. I'd rather be by myself than make friends out of strangers.
People can get so judgmental when meeting them for the first time if you don't show any pleasure just indifference. It's not that I hate people, sometimes meeting new people needs a lot of energy and effort especially if it’s a friendship you want to maintain and at that moment, I find myself not up to it. So I let people think what they want to so we move on from that situation.
You find that someone already formed a negative opinion against you due to the poor first impression you made on the first meeting. I get a kick out of surprising people on a second meeting because then, they realize that I'm not the person they thought I was. I'm actually good to get along with in the right environment and friends. 
I believe that people should first get to know a person under different circumstances or environment before they judge someone they hardly know. Introverts are usually under estimated and over-looked due to their reserved nature yet they are probably more fun than extroverts. There should be room for doubt during first meetings before a person's entire character is judged solely on a first impression.
xxxShanahxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...