Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Make It Work For You!

My mum got me these teardrop stud danglers and I’d never worn them (by choice) until awhile back. When I first got them, it was with a lot of misgivings. I liked the design but not the length. They were too long for my taste and I couldn’t turn them down. You know it is rude to turn down a gift, right? I decided to keep them with the knowledge that I’ll never wear them. I never wear stuff I don’t like. I either give re-gift (give) or leave it at the bottom of my stuff.


Considering how long it  had been since I got the danglers, I was pestered into wearing them which I didn't like on principle. The first time I wore them; I received a few stares cause of the design and the look probably. I didn’t dwell on it. I had my own thoughts to entertain where they were concerned; they were long, weighed my ears down and the constant swinging got on my nerves! Ps: this is why some girls have extremely large ear piercings! Isn’t it weird how self conscious you feel when you do or wear something you have a lot of misgivings about? That’s how I felt.
There was a moment when we were caught up in traffic and I got the chance to take a hard long look at the danglers. As I looked at them; I developed the itch to edit/tweak/tone them down. That day was  the first and last time I wore them long.
So bored I took a picture!
I took quite awhile in getting round to shortening them. One of my friends came to visit over the weekend and I sought her opinion which as expected was contrary to mine. She thought they looked better longer whilst I preferred short. Since I had two similar pairs; same design different colours, I decided to edit the ones I would wear most.
Editing jewellery never takes long. A few weak spots is all it needs. Anyway I took them from a length that got on my nerves to something short and sweet! Which I definitely like!
I had the opportunity to wear them and showed mum the newest version. I held my breathe for a bit waiting and let out a huge sigh when she approved of the new look (She’s the one who got them for me after all)!

New Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...