Monday, December 3, 2012

What Resolutions?!




How unbelievable is it that we’re almost coming to the end of 2012? The year has certainly rushed by so fast I can’t help but wonder where the fire it is trying to catch is at!
When you realize the year is coming to an end, it is inevitable not to think of the resolutions (or not) you made at the beginning. Whether you’ve managed to go through with them or did something that was unexpectedly better? Personally; I don’t remember making any resolutions both unconscious and consciously. In fact nothing comes to mind as I think of the year’s end. I should probably write some down the coming year and hold a review at the end, God willing.
Talking about resolutions and what not reminds me so much of One Tree Hill. I was a fan until the writers lost the plot and messed up the show- Lucas married Peyton, Lucas left etc…and eventually it all went downhill. I remember how Lucas and his bff Hayley used to write down their resolutions (separately) then hid them at the same time behind a loose brick on the wall. At the year’s end, they’d of course go to the loose brick, get out their lists and check off what they accomplished. With the exception of hiding your list behind a loose brick on the wall, don’t you think this is a good idea?
Speaking of ideas. I was browsing through someone’s tumblr and came across a good one to help you take note of the good things that happened or happen during the course of the year. It says, ‘start 2013 off with an empty jar and fill it with notes about good things that happen. On new years eve, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened that year.’
I don’t know about you but for me; when a lot of crap happens during a particular year, I tend to focus on the crap and forget about the good. Doing the jar thing will at least help focus on the good and make you be more appreciative.
So… Do you think you’ve accomplished at least half of what you resolved to at the beginning of 2012 or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...