Tuesday, April 9, 2013

No Tony Stark...

Ironman 3


Whoever said, ‘desperate times call for desperate measures’ hit the nail on the head because that is what I am or have been-depending on whichever side of the coin you look at it from. What kind of person would contemplate selling something that doesn’t belong to them if not a desperate one? I am glad I returned to my full senses because I DO NOT want to be someone like that.
A needy chat with a friend of mine made me realise this in a roundabout way. I’m not sure whether it had to do with what I was asking or the thoughts going through my head that particular time, but I knew it was wrong. Thinking of it in depth actually brought tears to my eyes so much so that I went about making amends to my brother and his friends. However much I have helped them grow their business, I have no right to sell what belongs to them and not I. It isn’t right. And, I am sorry for even entertaining the thought.
Fun-knee how we learn a few things about people we care about in a chat, no? And how the things we know about ourselves kick in in the most unexpected of situations? I’ve been called proud and arrogant to my face a time or two, which really doesn’t bother me but during this chat, I knew that however needy and in a rough patch I maybe in right now, I still HAVE my PRIDE! And, it will be my downfall. I also learned that; I should stop being everyone’s cat woman because at the end of the day, I have no Tony Stark to catch me when I fall.
When all is said and done, I am glad my brother saw the humor in what I was trying to do and brushed it off. He knows the reason why, which is OK. We actually had a laugh about it after my apology then went on to other things. I miss him like no man's business.
As you can see, I still believe in superheroes and majorly excited about the last installment to the Ironman franchise. The last time I will be seeing Robert Downey Jr (massive crush on him) as Tony Stark in Ironman. When Ironman 2 came out, I'd made a date to go with one of my bffs and we ended up missing it at the cinema. This time round, I SHALL go alone. No more waiting on you, Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...