Wednesday, June 12, 2013

B’Day Celebration.

I finally made the trip to the cinema to catch the third and final instalment to the Iron Man franchise over the weekend. I’m not sure if I should say it was better than anticipated or a bit of a downer so I refuse to pick it apart because I am a serious fan of Tony Stark. It was amazing, regardless of the plot. The action and the technology was beyond expected and very delightful. Tears rushed to my eyes when the final credits rolled. I can’t believe it is the end of Robert Downey Jr’s run as Iron Man. I hope he does Avengers 2.

Meal before the pizza with friends

 A lot of people assume I’m into romantic comedies for my love of novels but those movies don’t do it for me. Adrenaline pumping, action movies make my blood flow like no man’s business. I read for the pleasure a story gives my heart not my blood. Believe it or not, I would never ever go to the cinema to watch a romantic comedy, not out of my own pocket. I just love Superheroes and movies out of comic books, that’s all. Now, how about Fast6 next? Huh?
I had to extend the birthday celebrations later on because one of my girls was out of the city and didn’t want to watch the movie alone. It is nice doing stuff with friends especially ones you haven’t seen in a long time. Catching up made for a fantastic time. Sometimes, you need not do a lot to connect and make memories. It is the little things that count.

Last day as a blonde
Speaking of friends, I think the past week was for them or one of them. I thank God for the luck I had in seeing my bff not only once but twice on separate and unexpected days. We didn’t get to talk because of pressing matters but it was good seeing her after too long. Seeing her, however briefly on both days made me happy.

Village belle as of Sunday


Hmmm…after running around as a blonde for a few months, I took my hair out. I’m now rocking my God given afro for now. I missed the feel of the breeze on my scalp. Besides, I want to wear my newest hair accessories without a weave or extensions and I have to think about what I want to do with my hair next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...