Monday, June 3, 2013

A Blonde Bomb.

I’ve been a little reluctant to do a hair post this time round for no apparent reason but thankfully, the ardent readers gave me a bit of a push. So here goes…
I did my current hair around the early days of May and been traipsing up and about with it for a month. I did it because I wondered if blonde would suit me like it does mum. Blonde hair is her thing on account of her complexion. I wanted something out of the norm from what I usually do and she had a blonde new weave lying around. If it hadn’t been for the weave lying around, I doubt I’d have gone and bought something blonde.
For one reason or another, there has been a mixed set of reactions. Most people think I bleached my hair, for some it is my natural hair color whilst others think I am sick with something that turned my hair to this. LOL. I have been having a jolly good time with the reactions and comments. The best comment so far has been from my friends and family. Suddenly, everyone is saying how much I look like my mother with the blonde hair. I don’t have to go around saying what body part of mine is hers anymore since the resemblance now is uncanny? The general consensus has been that I look damn fantastic as a blonde.

I love being a blonde. I think at some point in our lives we should get out of the box of what we’re used to and experience something new, You never know how it is going to turn out, It might be good or bad, but, no matter the reception or what others think, deep down you know you did it for YOU and you like it.
Aside from all that, I got these fabulous hair accessories from aunt and sister as birthday pressies and I am absolutely looking forward to changing my hair for them. I think braids would work and show them to maximum effect but on the other hand, I might not do something as tiresome as braids for I love the simplicity of getting a weave without sitting for 6 hours. The current hair trend of long braids looks too damn good not to try though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...