Thursday, November 7, 2013

Third Anniversary!



My baby (Simply Shanah) is three years old now. Wow!
Before it dawned on me that 4th of November is the same day my maternal Grandfather passed away in 2005 and the day I started up this blog in 2010, I had toyed with the idea of writing a birthday post and publishing on the actual day. Seeing that the days coincide, writing an anniversary post on the exact day will not be happening anytime soon. On the 4th of November, we hold memorial prayers for my Grandfather as a family and it is a big thing. And it is what we were doing on Monday.I rarely talk about him because I miss him the most when I do. I miss him a lot.
Well, the day before the 4th, I got out of hibernation to attend my cousin’s small do. She brought her boyfriend to officially meet the family and make things official. I rarely see her but, when I do, it is such a pleasure. I can’t believe she is getting engaged and married. She asked whether her boyfriend passed muster and he did. He is tall, dark and handsome…just like I like them. LOL. I love guys with height. I’m so happy for her. She was so beautiful and she will be even more beautiful at her engagement and wedding.

From L-R: Farida (bride to be) and me, Mayi (my gurl), Maria (Farida's sister)

On the 4th; we had memorial prayers for my Grandfather. I’m proud of my mother’s family for maintaining this event in his memory. It has been eight years and not all of them easy. Being there, on that day makes it hard for all of us but I love hearing stories about my grand father from his friends or people who knew him. It keeps him alive in our memories. May Allah accept all our deeds on his behalf and bless us as a family. Little known fact, both my grandfathers (maternal and paternal) are deceased.
It’s three years of Simply Shanah… I am glad to have a platform where I can ramble on and on and have people read what I put out there. Really, I am thankful to each and everyone who takes the time to read, comment and follow not forgetting tweet. I’ve received a few positive tweets (although I deleted the old account) and they make me happy and appreciative of everyone.
Most of you ask me where I am taking this blog or rather what I want out of it. Right now, all I know is like the idea of having somewhere to keep memories, thoughts and a chronological progression of my life with room for whatever comes.
Happy 3rd Anniversary to my baby and a huge thank you to my friends, family and followers for the encouragement and positive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...