Skip to main content

The Faux Bob.

The faux bob is the easiest way there is to shortening long hair without actually cutting it off to make a real bob.
Since I perfected the ability to make a faux bob, I’ve rocked it a few times and with good results. Lots of people have asked how I made it shorter without getting the chop and have it remain in place the entire day which is all quite easy.
The first time I tried it out, I wore a stretchy headband and tucked the ends of expressions into the headband. It worked with the exception of the headband being visible as it was of a different colour from the hair. The other method is to gather your hair at the end, hold a little ponytail then fold it inwards and hold it in place with either a butterfly clip or hair pins on both sides of the hair. A method I have used several times.
I’ve worn it twice with the headband and several times without. The length of the bob varies with the ponytail you make and so too does the style. You can have it looser and freer or tighter and smoother. It all depends on what works for you and are comfortable with.


PS: It wouldn’t be a faux bob if you held your hair out instead of inwards towards the neck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Of Association

One of my best friends sent me this quote and as I went through it; I reflected on the people I surround myself with both family and friends. There are friendships that I let go of during the course of the year and as I did that: I realized that the fewer friends you have, the better. It is said that,”The friends we keep define who we are as a person”…well, I didn’t want to be defined by such people because who they are is not the person that I am.
I am proud of the set of friends that I keep and maintain now because they are good people. They have been there for me in more ways than they could ever know. It is partly due to them I am who I am at the moment and I am happy about it and I appreciate them more. Here goes the quote….
"The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting…

I Love Technology.

I am a lover of technology despite the fact that it changes all the time. It is one thing that will never remain constant... Maybe that is why I love it? All the application, software creators put out something new, a few tweaks to their applications and software which is a good thing due to the multitude of competition out there. I always marvel at what comes out to help the user when it comes to software, applications and programs.Recently, I was reading a book using Adobe Reader. Whenever I would start the program to continue with the book, it would bring up a notification for an upgrade to Adobe Reader X which I would unfortunately ignore because; I tend to read when I don't have an internet connection.I decided to bookmark the link so as not to forget about the upgrade. I usually bookmark websites that I visit time to time and find interesting, links I need to check out for software upgrades and installations.After getting an internet subscription, downloading Adobe Reader X …

Obsession: The Fat Doctor.

Most of you know I am a certified TV addict who watches anything and everything.
Currently, I am obsessed with the TV show The Fat Doctor. It is about a certain Doctor at a hospital who gives hope and gastric bypass surgery (cut their stomach to the size of an egg) to the morbidly obese. I found out that now Britain has the largest number of morbidly obese patients and that the number of people who have had this surgery done rose from 600 a year to 100,000. Last time I knew, America had the largest number of morbidly obese citizens with Alabama being the fattest state in America.
It is typically not something I would watch but the stories told by the patients, the state of their health and appearance as they go about their day to day lives is touching. The surprising bit about the show are the different reasons as to why the patients are morbidly obese with each episode – Early puberty, loss, divorce, genetics, environment, depression etc. I find them all valid and beyond questionab…