Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When One Door Closes A Window Opens.


Two weeks ago, I kept saying 'I don't want to work here anymore' to myself at any given opportunity and voila! I won't be come March. I am resilient. I have learned to be so cause of everything I have been through but at the back of my mind I knew my resilience and strong will wouldn't see me through when it came down to the crunch. I knew that later, I would have to throw in the towel but I am glad I didn't have to. Gainful employment and the lack there of now is so new to me that I do not even know how to feel. I expected a sense of loss and being adrift but it couldn't be further from how I truly feel. Yes, there is a mild sense of loss but the relief is humongous. February was one of my unhappiest months over there. Interspersed with intermittent bouts of tears over working with a self proclaimed Pastor who had the morals of a snake under the sheep clothing he shrouded his black soul in. Whoever told people the combo of a Muslim girl and a self proclaimed Pastor would work harmoniously? All in all; I am glad for the experience. It solidified the girl I know I am and much as it was fraught with so many trials, I met some good boys over there. I kept and still do keep a lot of people at bay but those who dared to crack this tough exterior, shall not be forgotten. best of all I look forward to work free Saturdays! :-)
May it all go well. Ameen.

photocredits: google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...