Thursday, April 2, 2015

Chains

mental chains
A few months ago, I joined a Facebook page for writing inspiration. As someone who loves interactive pages, I would read everyone’s pieces and be left in awe because they are really good. This is something coming from a person who doesn’t consider herself a lover of poetry. All the nuances of poetry are lost to me unfortunately; but it doesn’t mean I cannot appreciate the little I do understand. Being in this group has helped me flex the little muscle I have where poetry is concerned and I have shared several on the page which to my surprise have garnered not less than 20 likes. 
Anyway, one of the writers in the group shared this picture of a a little boy pulling back a wall ‘curtain’ to peak into a rainbow world he had yet to explore. The words came to me after taking a few looks at the picture and as I wrote it all up, I felt like I was talking about myself because I believe, as writers in the making; we write what we feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...