Skip to main content

Resolutions.



Its 11pm and I absolutely can't sleep. A lot is weighing on my mind and I don't know why. The urge to write has completely taken over me and the good thing is, it helps when I write.
The year is coming to an end within a week's time. I look back on some of the resolutions that I made for 2010 and realize that, I accomplished fewer than I had intended/made.
They say a 'resolution' should be an achievable goal that is supposed to improve on your life or being. Something that will bring personal gratification and fulfillment. That we should all resolve to do things that we will be able to accomplish within a specific time frame. Things that we put off due to lack of time or motivation to finish.
I realize that resolutions have no specific time frame that is neither an end nor a beginning; people will still make the same resolution year in and year out hoping to finally fulfill it. If someone doesn't have the desire to accomplish a goal they had set aside for themselves, what's the use in making them at all? Because a goal is supposed to give your life purpose and the vision to achieve it.
Some people don't believe in resolutions. They say, 'why make a plan for myself when God already has plans for me?' I find that totally lacking in zeal/spirit. The desire one has to accomplish their own goals. Goals that will bring personal fulfillment. There is something satisfying about achieving the unattainable.
I find that failure to make plans for oneself shows a total lack of character or weakness within a person. What's wrong with making your plans alongside God's plans for you? Besides, we never know what God has planned for us and it is kind of risky to leave everything to chance, when we all know that God helps those who help themselves.
Starting a blog is something I never believed I would carry off despite my love for writing, neither did I think I'll actually put it out there but, hey, am happy about it and it gives me joy.
However big or small your resolution is for 2011; don't fail to write it down as a goal. You may have the spirit within you to accomplish it and the satisfaction will be beyond your imagination. The feeling you get when you've acquired and achieved everything you ever wanted is the best you'll ever have. Go for it and don't be afraid to make your resolutions no matter what.

 
xxxShanahxxx
Ps: Wrote this a week to the end of 2010. Did not want to change it.
 
 

 

Comments

  1. i luv this one; am one of the few u mentioned lol makin the same resolution year in year out; bt am prayin this year's gna be diff; three major ones; increase my Iman, pass ma degree and the last one is mushy mushy bt.. to see the Mr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to increase my Iman too. Seriously!! The Mr. will wait for you to be done with your education. No rush ;)
    But whatever it is; just believe in it and you'll fins yourself achieving it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Of Association

One of my best friends sent me this quote and as I went through it; I reflected on the people I surround myself with both family and friends. There are friendships that I let go of during the course of the year and as I did that: I realized that the fewer friends you have, the better. It is said that,”The friends we keep define who we are as a person”…well, I didn’t want to be defined by such people because who they are is not the person that I am.
I am proud of the set of friends that I keep and maintain now because they are good people. They have been there for me in more ways than they could ever know. It is partly due to them I am who I am at the moment and I am happy about it and I appreciate them more. Here goes the quote….
"The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting…

I Love Technology.

I am a lover of technology despite the fact that it changes all the time. It is one thing that will never remain constant... Maybe that is why I love it? All the application, software creators put out something new, a few tweaks to their applications and software which is a good thing due to the multitude of competition out there. I always marvel at what comes out to help the user when it comes to software, applications and programs.Recently, I was reading a book using Adobe Reader. Whenever I would start the program to continue with the book, it would bring up a notification for an upgrade to Adobe Reader X which I would unfortunately ignore because; I tend to read when I don't have an internet connection.I decided to bookmark the link so as not to forget about the upgrade. I usually bookmark websites that I visit time to time and find interesting, links I need to check out for software upgrades and installations.After getting an internet subscription, downloading Adobe Reader X …

Obsession: The Fat Doctor.

Most of you know I am a certified TV addict who watches anything and everything.
Currently, I am obsessed with the TV show The Fat Doctor. It is about a certain Doctor at a hospital who gives hope and gastric bypass surgery (cut their stomach to the size of an egg) to the morbidly obese. I found out that now Britain has the largest number of morbidly obese patients and that the number of people who have had this surgery done rose from 600 a year to 100,000. Last time I knew, America had the largest number of morbidly obese citizens with Alabama being the fattest state in America.
It is typically not something I would watch but the stories told by the patients, the state of their health and appearance as they go about their day to day lives is touching. The surprising bit about the show are the different reasons as to why the patients are morbidly obese with each episode – Early puberty, loss, divorce, genetics, environment, depression etc. I find them all valid and beyond questionab…