Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness: The School Experience.



Once in awhile, keeping; time, mood and nothing to do constant, I do a random act of kindness for some of my friends provided it is within my power and reason.
The request for this act of kindness came in form of a Facebook message from, Zacky. He needed help writing about a school experience-something i had never done before.
I asked for all the pertinent information which would make a skeleton of how it would shape up but just like a guy, he wasn’t so forthcoming yet it was about his school.
After my promise to help out; I felt like backing out on more than one occasion. There was hardly any information to go on and picking my girl Shar’s brain showed how off topic what I had come up with was. I remember asking her if two heads could be wrong?
I have the tendency to put stuff on hold after a failed first attempt and that’s what I did. Sleeping on it always gives you a clear mind and a new perspective the next day.
Since Zacky was hardly informative, the logical alternative was to draw from my own school experience- how I felt, loved and remember about it. I thought, ‘if it were me in his shoes, what would I write or talk about?’
I still wanted to chicken out, thought better of it and took the plunge. Putting that thinking cap on led to the creation of something I liked at the last minute. And best of all, he liked it too.
There goes my random act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...