Monday, December 23, 2013

The Good From 2013.

“Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday.”
At the beginning of this year, I made this one little resolution – to start a jar/journal of gratitude where I’d note the good that’s happened in a particular day as a way of not focusing on the things that went wrong. Let me say; it worked. And for me to say this means a lot because I am 60% pessimistic. I chose not to believe something good or exciting will happen until it does. Keeping this gratitude journal and maintaining it has helped me focus on the positive unlike before where I would dwell on the negative.
As the year is coming to an end, I’d like to share with you what I think was memorable and made me happy in 2013 plus the things I am grateful for.

01/01/2013 – Re-connection with O.R. He helped me practice my French like no man’s business.

07/01/2013 – Drew a couple of drawings – I love it when artistic inspiration strikes.

10/01/2013 – Return to work in a new location. Love the location.
                   - Ran into Ayeisha, an old friend from High School.

01/04/2013 – Death of my phone which made me resurrect writing in a journal.
                   - An unexpected  offer from my friend Chingy.

02/04/2013 – Watching my dad bustle around in the kitchen making us (me and him) breakfast.

09/04/2013 – Seeing my friend Ron the Engineer and hearing all about his accomplishments. We’ve been friends since High School.

16/04/2013 – Thoughtful aunts.
                   - Miss the friends I left behind but grateful for new ones.

18/04/2013 – Seeing my friend OR and catching up. We last saw each other at University. This is why I am grateful for technology and social media.

19/04/2013 – Friendships are easier maintained than let go of. Sometimes, its best to look at the bigger picture than act rashly after a moment’s hurt.

22/04/2013 – Ran into my cousin Shamilla after a few years. Seeing her was such a pleasure.

07/05/2013 – Grateful for friends, both old and new.
                   - Grateful for this other blog that I derive a lot of pleasure from.

11/05/2013 – News of my brother’s pending return who apparently got me new crutches without knowledge of my fall and breakage of the third leg.

22/05/2013 – Birthday! Got hair accessories as gifts from my sister and news of my oldest best friend’s upcoming wedding.

26/05/2013 – Grateful for my brother’s generosity and willingness to help even with the little he has.

01/06/2013 – New month, wonder what it has in store.

6/06/2013 – Met the most charming man. A real life humpty dumpty. Tall, potbellied with a bald head. He made quite the impression because he talked with me while looking into my eyes and with a smile. It’s rare finding people like that who let you know their attention is on YOU.

8/06/2013 – Trip to the cinema and lunch with my girls Emma and Claire to watch my honey Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 as a be-lated birthday celebration.
                  - Caught a glimpse of my best friend and her family from a distance.

7/07/2013 – My brother’s return home after 3 years and my new legs.

22/07/2013 – Made my first sale for mum at the new location excluding the time I sold for aunt.

23/08/2013 – Bought myself two pairs of neon hoops: one pair in lemon green and the other hot pink.

And this shall be continued…







No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

Choice

We have no say over the memories people choose to keep of us. We only have it over the feelings we evoke in them.  Those last longer ...