Friday, May 23, 2014

An April Retrospective.

The month of April brought a lot of insights and more decision making than I’ve ever done in my life. I’m a pretty decisive person but when it comes to matters of the heart, there is always that ‘maybe it will get better’ and before you know it; you are right back where you started.
It was the first weekend of April when I made this heartfelt decision to let go of someone I REALLY care about and will probably ‘like’ for the rest of my life. This is something I never thought I would do but I did because  it was time and felt right.
During then, I felt neither remorse nor sadness just a sense of finality. No going back, no digging it up, no nothing. Dead and buried. I don’t know if you all notice but once a decision is made from the heart, there is no going back unless you are a fickle person which I am not.
I liked and still do like him but he isn’t for me. I am quite laid back and easy to please but even people with my disposition reach their limit. Some people place too much importance on their time and person that a times it makes you question whether you aren’t as important or as busy and where you fit in (this is why I have few contacts in my phone) cause it is always about them.
Looking back on it now; I still stand by my decision and have no ill feelings at all not even a sense of loss. We’ve known each other for years so much so that this will never take away the bond of friendship just my heart. Now that my heart is no longer taken, it is time to go about the business of finding man candy!! I gave out my number once last year, this time I should at least top that with 2 or maybe 3. God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...