Sunday, October 12, 2014

Girl Getting Her Own!

I made it through my first month of employment! Alhamdulilah! Most of you won’t get this but it is a big deal.
Huh! Where to begin? I find myself so busy that I hardly have the time to update Simply Shanah. I spend the weekends sleeping like someone suffering from sleeping sickness. Something I rarely did until now. My sleep pattern is definitely changing.
The writer in me keeps these little notes on the phone to keep track of what is going on with my life at particular moments in time but they rarely make it here. Let me just say, A LOT has happened in this one month of working.
To take it all back to the beginning; I was on the fence about working full time because of my health and all the other issues that cropped up to make it a little more difficult than I anticipated. There was a point where I felt like throwing in the towel after two days!
The day I felt like giving in, I spent it in a teary chat with one of my best friends. The old friend I talked about here. Somehow she understood me and gave me a pep talk that I believe helped me carry on. I just don’t know what was wrong with me. Even now, I can’t explain it though I have an inkling as to what brought it on.I am glad that she is in my life because if it were not for her, I wouldn’t even be writing a post about my first month. She means a lot to me and I am glad to have her back in my life.
I like what I am doing and the people I come in contact with. I have been involved in situations which I thought I would never be in and came out unaffected. I am learning how to deal with a conniving work-mate whose motives I am yet to understand and also work in an environment where I can’t call any of the people friends.
All in all this is a good thing. It took me awhile to get here and now that I am - I am happy to say I like it. Yes! I am FINALLY a girl getting her own! And that feels fantastic. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Comment, If You Please...

The Disability Lane

Simply Shanah harbors both professional and personal milestones. In 2019; I made the decision to separate the professional and individual ex...